What are Special Benefits?
These are cash benefits, granted during times and situations of need arising as a result of a work-related accident or a work-related illness.
They are financed through the budget approved by the Ministry of Employment and Social Security and paid by the Social Welfare Fund generated by the Mutual Society.
The following people may be considered beneficiaries of the special benefits:
- The worker, for damages suffered as a result of a work-related accident or a work-related illness.
- The spouse or the common-law partner of the worker even in cases where they do not have inheritance rights of the deceased worker and the children of the worker. In both cases, they must live in the same household as the worker.
- In the absence of the previous: grandchildren; and, in the absence of these, parents. In both cases, they must live in the same household as the worker.
- Any relative, spouse or common-law partner who has the status of a beneficiary and who has paid the death taxes may be a beneficiary of the death benefit.
- 1 REHABILITATION AND RECUPERATION
- 1.1 Aid to pay for admission to a medical services centre or residential care centre
- 1.2 Aid to pay hospitalisation fees
- 1.3 Aid for non-regulated prostheses and technical support
- 1.4 Aid for non-regulated medical or therapeutic treatment
- 2 JOB RETRAINING AND ADAPTATION TO THE WORKPLACE
- 2.1 Courses for vocational training and social and labour integration
- 2.2 Adaptation to the workplace where the self-employed worker carries out his/her activity
- 3 AID FOR ADAPTATION OF THE ESSENTIAL MEANS FOR PERFORMING BASIC ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING
- 3.1 Aid for removing barriers in the main home
- 3.2 Aid for acquiring adapted housing
- 3.3 Aid for adaptation of vehicle
- 3.4 Home help for performing basic activities of daily living
- 3.5 Aid for accessing the new Technology, Information and Communication
- 4 OTHER BENEFITS
- 4.1 Complementary aid for death
- 4.2 Aid for training in the care for people with severe disability
- 4.3 Aid to keep possession or use of the main residence
The request form should be submitted to the Special Benefits Committee. This Committee comprises five representatives of the companies that are members of FREMAP and five representatives of employees at companies that are members of FREMAP, which have been appointed by Federations of Trade Unions. The Committee will assess each request submitted and will issue a decision.
All requests should be sent to the FREMAP Special Benefits Committee at the organisation's head office:
Carretera de Pozuelo, 61 28222 Majadahonda (Madrid)