FREMAP is committed, in accordance with its Mission, Vision and Values, to maintaining and improving its Social Responsibility management systems within the current legislative framework.
The aim of the Social Responsibility Policy is to establish the principles of action that guide FREMAP in the development of its environmental strategy, enabling it to improve its economic, social and environmental performance and contribute to the company's progress in terms of Social Responsibility, and responding to the expectations and interests of its main stakeholders.
In its Social Responsibility Policy, FREMAP pledges to:
- Abide by, enforce and disseminate national and international legislation, upholding the rights recognised in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Global Compact principles.
- Transparent, ethical and responsible business management, heeding criteria of efficiency and efficacy, reconciling its business activity with the exercise of social responsibility.
- Ensures that its employees have a healthy and safe work environment. Respect equal opportunities, privacy, and freedom of opinion, provide fair pay, and prevent all forms of harassment.
- Promote job stability, facilitate work-life balance, and promote training that enhances the personal and professional development of its employees, thus sustaining a good working environment.
- Promote solidarity and social responsibility among employees by encouraging the development of their social concerns and their participation in volunteer activities.
- Provide its customers with excellent service which, understood as a whole, entails advice concerning health risks and their consequences, provision of healthcare and management of cash benefits.
- Provide its clients with all the human and technical resources available and ensure the confidentiality and respect for the privacy of their data, thus creating channels to direct suggestions and complaints.
- Promote social responsibility in suppliers, establish relations that are mutually beneficial, respectful and honest and maintain due confidentiality and respect for the privacy of their data.
- Maintain a channel of communication and dialogue with the various stakeholders based on criteria of transparency and cooperation.
- Incorporate eco-friendly practices, limiting, as much as possible, the impact of risks related to its actions and promoting values compatible with sustainable development among all stakeholders.
- Support disabled people by seeking their physical recovery and their return to the labour force through our departments of Social Work and Retraining services and by granting aid from the FREMAP Special Benefits Fund.
- Developing a management system which encourages continuous improvement in the area of social responsibility.
FREMAP's Equality Plan reaffirms its commitment to equality and individuals. The group is confident that the Plan will continue to be the focus of both the organisation and the company and will be used to establish specific measures to implement this commitment.
Therefore, the values which have been, to date, set forth in the Statement of Organisational Culture and the Principles for Responsible Action, are now developed within a specific framework.
Global Compact of the UN
FREMAP is a company associated with the United Nations Global Compact UN since 2002. By adhering to these values, FREMAP voluntarily agrees to implement the Ten Principles, which are the basis of the Global Compact, in its activities, integrating respect for human and social rights, respect for the environment and the fight against corruption so that business interests are compatible with the values of society at large.
The Ten Principles:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businsses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
You can view FREMAP Progress Report on the website of the Global Compact of the UN (The Global Compact).
Sustainable Development Goals
FREMAP, as a company associated with the United Nations Global Compact, supports the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. In order to contribute to this global programme, we have identified the SDG on which our activity has a direct impact. The Social Responsibility Management Plan is aligned with the Agenda 2030 and the achievement of these development goals.
GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Reduce income inequality within and among countries.
RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS
Revitalise the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
The initiative "Diversity Charter - SPAIN" is framed within European Union directives against discrimination and its purpose is to promote diversity inclusion and management practices in Spanish companies and institutions (of all sizes and from all sectors) and public bodies (national, regional and local) as a strategic axis for greater efficiency and competitiveness. Likewise, it seeks to promote the development of research and teaching of this knowledge in the academic world and to promote the exchange of good practices among all social agents.
Companies for a Society Free from Gender-based Violence
FREMAP is associated to the Initiative "Business for a Society Free from Gender-based Violence", and carries out several actions to raise awareness and contribute to achieving a society free from gender-based violence.
At FREMAP we are firmly committed to improving society. As a result of this commitment, we have developed Social Action programmes within our company in order to channel the social spirit of our employees and support their charitable concerns.
The aim of FREMAP's Social Action programmes is to promote solidarity by voluntarily helping people who find themselves in a difficult situation. To do this, we have established a collaborative environment where FREMAP employees can develop and voice their social concerns.
Every two years, FREMAP's Social Action group organises a Solidarity Projects Competition, to which FREMAP employees can present projects from different non-profit organisations. The 9th edition of the Competition was held in 2019 and was won by:
FREMAP's Social Action has its most practical implementation through solidarity campaigns. These are used to perform voluntary activities aimed at helping both the local community and developing nations to improve and progress.
FREMAP is committed, in accordance with its Mission, Vision and Values, to maintain and improve its management model based on ongoing improvement and innovation, the key factors of which are excellence in service and excellence in management, in accordance with the prevailing legislative framework.
The Environmental Policy the aim of this policy is to establish the principles of action guiding FREMAP in the development of its environmental strategy, enabling it to improve its environmental performance and contribute to the company's progress in terms of Social Responsibility, and responding to the expectations and interests of the main stakeholders.
To support the Policy, FREMAP has a Management System in place that integrates environmental concepts, driven by Management, and which provides a systematic approach to environmental management. As a reference to establish, introduce and improve this Management System, standard UNE-EN ISO 14001:2015 is adhered to.
A few examples of good environmental practices are:
- FSC certification for responsible role
- Environmentally responsible purchases
- Segregation and management of all sanitary, hazardous and domestic generated waste
- Agreement with Ambilamp for the management of fluorescent lights and lamps
- Agreement with Ecobatteries for the management of batteries.