Respect for nature is one of the principles of FREMAP's Business Culture, which materializes by complying with the regulations and the continuous improvement of their environmental management.
Consistent with this, FREMAP's Senior Management has developed and established the company's Environment Policy, which is defined as a set of general guidelines and goals that guides the company's actions in relation to environmental protection.
- FREMAP agrees to comply with current and future regulations and to establish a formal environmental management system that enables it to continually improve its environmental performance
- FREMAP agrees to prevent pollution, to reduce gradually and to the extent possible any waste, to rationally use natural and energy resources, and to use environmentally-friendly products
- FREMAP agrees to foster in all its employees a greater degree of awareness, responsibility and consciousness about the need to protect and preserve the environment
- FREMAP agrees to maintain an internal and external channel of environmental communication based on criteria of transparency, thus maintaining a cooperative relationship with authorities and an open dialogue with stakeholders and the public, who are provided access to this policy
As part of this commitment, FREMAP establishes its Environmental Policy, which is documented in the Environmental Policy Manual and contains core principles guiding sustainable environmental performance, combining efficient service with environmental preservation, preventing pollution, gradually reducing the generation of waste, rationally using natural and energy resources, and using environmentally-friendly products.
In order to comply with and implement these commitments, FREMAP has developed and introduced an Environmental Management System in accordance with Standard UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 and certified by AENOR, the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification.
The certification encompasses all of FREMAP's activities and centres (administrative, outpatient and inpatient) throughout Spain.
Standard UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 specifies requirements for an environmental management system, thus allowing organisations to develop an environmental policy, to establish objectives and processes to fulfil commitments in the policy, to take the actions required to improve their performance, and to demonstrate the system's compliance with the requirements of the international standard.
FREMAP's Environmental Management System is described in a series of documents, including an Environmental Management Manual, 10 Specific Environmental Procedures, 30 Technical Instructions and 10 Procedures shared with the Quality Management System, which allows FREMAP to have an Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System.
All of FREMAP's environmental issues have been identified and assessed on the basis of a series of objective criteria determining the degree of relevance of such issues.
FREMAP's Environmental Management Programme specifies the environmental goals shared across the entire organisation to ensure fulfilment of the commitments made in the principles of the Environment Policy, with each centre regularly monitoring these principles.
Commitment to sustainable development
FREMAP is a company associated with the United Nations Global Compact, through which it has acquired a three-fold commitment to the environment:
- To apply a criterion of precaution with regard to environmental problems
- To adopt initiatives to promote greater environmental liability
- To encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally-friendly technologies
The FREMAP Environmental policy is based on a firm commitment of respect and development of the Environment that includes initiatives such as:
- Evaluation and control of environmental issues
- Establishment and monitoring of environment Indicators and Objectives
- Environmental training and awareness
- Environmental and energy-efficient contracting criteria
- Environmental communication channels
- Technical energy efficiency activities
- Good environmental practices:
- Certification FSC in responsible paper
- Environmentally responsible purchases
- Segregation and management of all sanitary, hazardous and domestic generated waste
- Agreement with Ambilamp for the management of fluorescent lights and lamps
- Agreement with Ecobatteries for the management of batteries.